Job Requirement / Description:
- A minimum of six (6) years’ work experience, to include two (2) years serving as head chef, in preparing Middle Eastern and western meals.
- Must be able to work an average of 55 hours per week.
- Daily meal preparation.
- Delegate work to kitchen staff ensuring timely delivery of meals during the restaurant’s busy periods.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Inventory the restaurant’s food supply on a daily basis.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established State and Local standards.
- Instruct cooks and other kitchen staff in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of restaurant cuisine.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow State and Local standards and regulations.
- Coordinate with restaurant management on ordering or requesting food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Coordinate with restaurant management on analyzing recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Coordinate with restaurant management on the Recommending equipment purchases and/or repairs.
- Meet with customers to discuss orders for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- Meet with sales representatives as needed.
- Assist the restaurant’s manager in planning, and developing recipes and menus.
- Read, write and speak English.
- Ensure that the quality of raw and cooked food products meet the State and Local standards.
- Provide on-going training, to staff, on new cooking techniques and on the proper use of kitchen equipment.